Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Summers interview with Cj

I choose to interview my boyfriend Cj because I know that he doesn't know much about this subject. I also wanted to know his perspective because he is going to school in North Carolina and I am curious if his school has talked about Global Food Waste.

 


Q: Are you aware of what global food waste is?
A: No I am not.

Q: Do you know what causes global food waste?
A: People not eating the correct amount of food or taking too much causes global food waste.


Q: Do you think restaurants should give their left over food to homeless shelters? Would this make a difference?
A: Yes I think they should give their food to homeless shelters this would make a difference in society.

Q: Would you be willing to reduce food waste in your own home?
A: No because I think that I eat the right amount of food and I don't waste it.

Q: Do you think this issue is overlooked?
A: Yes I think this is overlooked because when you first asked me about what it was I didn't know and clearly it is a global issues.

Q: Do you think this subject should be discussed in the classroom setting?
A: I only think this should be discussed in a health class or a social studies class.

Q:What can YOU do personally to stop wasting food daily?
A: I can stop going to the dining halls and taking too much food.

Q: In the U.S alone we throw away almost $750 billion dollars worth of food while 870 million people go hungry each day. Is this right? Why or why not.
A: No this is obviously not right, that is wrong. It doesn't make sense and if we put our money where our mouth is no one would go hungry, $750 billion dollars worth of food can feed 870 million people.

Q: If this continues we wont be able to meet our future food demand and we wont have resources available in the future. Does this change your opinion on the subject knowing it could affect your family in the future?
A: I really don't think that here in the U.S we will run out of food so this changes the way I think but it will not change the way I act.

Q: Do you think your college dining hall should give its left over food to people in need?
A: Yes I defiantly do.

Reaction after interview:

After my interview with Cj I learned that he didn't know much about Global Food Waste and he was never taught about it in school. I don't think that he is educated enough on the subject and it made me realize that we need to put global food waste into our school systems because people need to be more educated on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment