Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Summer Takes Action

In order to take action on my topic I signed a petition called Commend Efforts to Reduce Global Food Waste. I signed this petition not because this is for a class project, but because I think that Global Food Waste is a continuing, terrible issue and the amount of people that go hungry each day is inhumane. This connects to democratic values because I can sign the petition if I choose because it is what I want to do. I may not be "voting" but I am choosing to take action on a cause that I believe is important. I think talking about Social Justice issues is important in a class, especially at an older age. I think its important to give your students something to stand up for, and a healthy debate on a topic you strongly believe in is something I think all students should have the opportunity to do. I don't think its write to personally throw your own opinions on the students, but I think that having discussions on Social Justice issues is a good tool to get kids to start standing up for what they believe in from a young age. Pertaining to the quote, I think that this is true. I think that this is always going to be a topic to talk about and I think that everyone is going to have their own thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment